2012 will see the release of Batman: Earth One like Superman Earth One it will be in the form of a graphic novel and will retell the Batman story in a modern contemporary setting ( a bit like the New 52 then)
The book is collaboration between DC’s man of the moment Geoff Johns and acclaimed artist Gary Frank, John’s the driving force behind the Green Lantern universe and the current Aquaman comic was one of the main players in the resent re-boot of the DC Universe. He is currently writing Justice League, Green Lantern and Aquaman, no information yet if he will be moving off any of these books while he writes Batman.
IN May DC Comics will add 6 new books to their new 52 universe, they will also be dropping 6 books to keep the universe at 52 books (as long as you don't count the mini's) The six books that have been dropped are: BLACKHAWKS, HAWK AND DOVE, MEN OF WAR, MISTER TERRIFIC, O.M.A.C. and STATIC SHOCK, all of which end at issue 8 in April.
Below is the list of comics as shown on the DC blog site The Source:
- BATMAN INCORPORATED – Writer: Grant Morrison. Artist: Chris Burnham. The acclaimed ongoing writer of ACTION COMICS, Grant Morrison, presents a fresh take on BATMAN INCORPORATED, in which the Batman brand is franchised globally in preparation for a major international threat.
- EARTH 2 – Writer: James Robinson. Artist: Nicola Scott. The greatest heroes on a parallel Earth, the Justice Society combats threats that will set them on a collision course with other worlds.
- WORLDS’ FINEST – Writer: Paul Levitz. Artists: George Perez and Kevin Maguire. Stranded on our world from a parallel reality, Huntress and Power Girl struggle to find their way back to Earth 2. Perez and Maguire will be the artists on alternating story arcs.
- DIAL H – Writer: China Miéville. Artist: Mateus Santoluoco. The first ongoing series from acclaimed novelist China Miéville, this is a bold new take on a cult classic concept about the psychological effects on an everyman who accidentally gains powers to become a hero.
- G.I. COMBAT – Writer: J.T. Krul. Artist: Ariel Olivetti. Featuring the return of a classic DC Comics series, THE WAR THAT TIME FORGOT, along with rotating back-up stories and creative teams – including THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER, with writers Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti and artist Dan Panosian; and THE HAUNTED TANK, with writer John Arcudi and artist Scott Kolins.
- THE RAVAGERS – Writer: Howard Mackie. Artist: Ian Churchill. Spinning off from TEEN TITANS and SUPERBOY, this series finds four superpowered teens on the run and fighting against the organization that wants to turn them into supervillains.
Of the new books Earth 2 and Worlds Finest have me most excited but I question the need for another Batman book to finish off the Batman Incorporated story. As I don't get any of the books that have been canceled then I cannot comment on them, only to say that none of them are a shock.
SFX Magazine reports that CW has a live Green Arrow TV show is in development.
Justin Hartley played Green Arrow in the recently finished CW show Smallville, no word as of yet as to if he will be playing the role in any new TV show.
Again from SFX ( I have a subscription) NBC are developing a new series based on Dracula, this will be a contemporary take on the Dracula story TV talk for there are going to massive changes to the story. It is described as Dangerous Liaisons meets The Tudors, again TV talk for lots of bare flesh I will keep my eye out for this one.
The live-action Star Wars TV show has the working title of Star Wars: Underworld. Despite having a title there is no news of production dates, although reports say that the scripts have been written. It is rumored that the story will take place in the relatively unknown 20 year period when Luke Skywalker was growing up, which would mean between Attack of the Clones & New Hope. It is not yet known if any of the characters from the films will be featured on the show (if ever made) durring that 20 year time period.